Updates...

It's weird how I have completed so many things, planning on updating this blog for so long, and just never taking the time to do it. Here's my attempt at it though. Over the next few days, you will see a few more updates.

-Daniel, December 12, 2012



---------------------------------------------

Friday, March 9, 2007

OaB #3: Make an Origami Crane.

UPDATE 20/5 2007 - A lot of you visitors seem to come to my blog through search engines looking for tips on what to do with origami. Since I feel kinda sad for you (I'm so Swedish), I'm thinking I might just as well provide you with some useful origami links. How nice am I? :) Here are some links with instructions on how to make different things with origami:

Origami Frog
Origami Swan
Origami Dog
Origami Dragon

And now, to the original post:


Finally! I figured I should try to finnish one of the more simple entries, so chose number 3 - make an origami crane. I thought I'd do it in like five minutes, but it actually took me about 1 hour and 30 minutes! And the how-to guide in the book was not easy to follow, so I had to google how to make it. I actually used like 4 different guides, because where three really didn't explain anything, one explained somewhat better. So I had to use different guides for different steps.



This step actually took me a while to understand. The guide said "Fold the square to look like this", but I couldn't for the world figure out how to do that! One of the other guides helped me with this though.



This one was also a pain to accomplish. To fold it like this you had to fold it out somehow, but in the guide it just said "Fold the whole edge from the tip upwards.... ....so it looks like this." Again, another guide helped me...


Here is the finished result! It looks like a rather old crane... but hey, it's still beautiful (Yeah, right)! But I completed it, so now I'll get to stick another star in my book!! Yay!

3 Comments:

oskyldig said...

I'm so proud of you, even though for me oragami is really simple and I've done it since I was a kid. You should try doing an elephant, or my favourite; a snail!

Origami Dragon said...

First one could take a long time. I recently folded this one - Carnotaurus http://www.flickr.com/photos/chosetec/44892784/
I chose too small of a paper unfortunately, and couldn't finish some details. This thing took me 2 hours >_<

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a really cool origami dino!! Nice job :)