Updates...

It's weird how I have completed so many things, planning on updating this blog for so long, and just never taking the time to do it. Here's my attempt at it though. Over the next few days, you will see a few more updates.

-Daniel, December 12, 2012



---------------------------------------------

Friday, August 1, 2008

BYD #49 a: See a Solar Eclipse.

It wasn't as exciting as I had thought, but at least I've seen one. A partial that is. Today, at 11.40, the moon covered part of the sun here in the Stockholm area. I didn't have any coolish glasses, and no binoculars either, so I had to look directly into the sun, a big no-no of course. But otherwise I wouldn't have seen anything (because it didn't get noticeably darker), so with my left eye closed, I looked into the sun with my right eye, and I saw that the moon had covered about 40% of the sun.

It was supposed to be over 50%, but I doubt that would have been more exciting. I guess it takes a total eclipse for it to be a wow-factor. Some day I'll travel to a country where there will be a total eclipse, as I'd love to see one and as the next one in Sweden is in like 2090 or something...

The weather would have been perfect for a total eclipse. Enough clouds to use as filter, and enough cloud free moments to see just the sun.

I took some pictures with the camera on my mobile, but you can't really see anything except for the sun.

0 Comments: