Updates...

It's weird how I have completed so many things, planning on updating this blog for so long, and just never taking the time to do it. Here's my attempt at it though. Over the next few days, you will see a few more updates.

-Daniel, December 12, 2012



---------------------------------------------

Monday, August 4, 2008

OaB #18: Win Something.

This is one of the coolest things ever. Yesterday, I received an email telling me I'm the winner of a competition where the prize was a guitar signed by Jason Mraz.

As some of you know, I'm a HUGE fan of Jason Mraz, so this is really the most awesome thing I could have won!

What happened was I found out that Ginza.se had a competition with a guitar signed by Mraz as the prize. Of course I had to participate, considering I'm a huge fan. I had to write why I deserved to win, so I wrote, and I wrote, and I wrote. Far longer than I usually write when entering competitions like these, but I had to. It was almost like a short essay.

I told them how I had used Pandora.com back in 2004, and that they had suggested that I listen to Jason Mraz. I did, and I loved his songs. You can read about all that in one of my older posts. Long story short - few years later, Mraz became uberpopular in Sweden, which means he actually performs in Sweden every now and then! Awesome! I'm going to a concert with him in Stockholm in September. It also means him being involved in competitions, like the one where you had a chance to meet him (which I didn't win) and this competition, which I'm so happy I won.


7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Dan!! It's really super cool! :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win! I love that this book gives you an excuse for things like winning and being on shows.

I'm a fellow 101 Things To Doer. http://liveuponatime.com/101things. I'm glad I found your site, so I can follow your progress. Do you mind if I put your link on my blog?

Design Monkey said...

Nice One Dan
You'll have to learn to play it now. (O&B TTD No.8). I'm really pleased the book helped you win it.
Richard
- - - - - - - - - - -
click here for something to do:
http://www.101thingstodo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Tjenare Danneballe! Fan vad kul att du vann, tror du jag är lite avis då.. :) Crasha den inte om du skulle komma till en punkt i boken där det står, "krascha ett instrument som en riktigt rocker".

hoppas du har det bra! Vi kanske ses i Umeå igen någondag!
Kram/ EngelskaFrida i Umä.

Ranto said...

Cool.

You suck!

No, no.. really cool. So, you're playing guitar then? :p

Andi said...

Awesome axe!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen this post but since Richard Horne showcased it on his blog today, I have to say (belated) congrats! Awesome! Have you learned to play it yet?